Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I had an accident while driving a company truck. I sustained…

Customer Question
I had an accident...

I had an accident while driving a company truck. I sustained a slight injury. Am I responsible for my injury or is the company

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

SC 2008

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

I HAVE NOT BUT THERE IS A POLICE REPORT WHICH HAS THE COMPANY INSURANCE COMPANY NAME ON IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/14/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. As an employee who was injured in a Company vehicle, or on Company time, you would be covered under the Company's Workers' Compensation insurance. The Company should know this and should have sent you to see their doctor. If they haven't yet, then you will need to go to the individual at your Company who handles WC issues and advise them of your injury and needing to open a WC claim.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to let me know that I covered your question by replying to this answer, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

I am not an employee of the company I am an independent contractor driving a vehicle owned by the company for whom I am doing a job

Hello again and thank you for clarifying the facts. They do make a difference. A true independent contractor is not covered under SC WC laws, however, whether they are correctly categorized as an IC is very complicated and can only be answer by a court, or an attorney who has intimate knowledge of all of the specific minute facts. I would highly suggest that you speak to a local WC law firm who can actually gather all of the information to determine if you are correctly categorized as an IC.

Even if you aren't, you would still have a claim for injuries under the auto insurance policy of the employer since you were in their vehicle.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any further follow up questions for me from the answers I provided to you on the 14th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received your rating.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.