Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I am 17 years old and have had my license for over a year…

Customer Question
Hi! I am 17...

Hi! I am 17 years old and have had my license for over a year and almost a half. I had 2 moving violations when my first full year of driving wasn't up but I got one of them turned into a parking ticket with the help of a lawyer. I just received another ticket as a moving violation and would like to know if I can get out of it without losing my license.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I just got the ticket tonight. So I do not know yet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/14/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael Bradley
You have not given me what the ticket is for so I can only give you basic information. However, I would absolutely plead not guilty to the ticket and go to court and talk to the police officer to see if they are willing to reduce the ticket to a non-moving violation. This is exactly what your lawyer did in the first case. It may make sense to contact that lawyer again who may be able to help you with this ticket. It is very important not to pick up a moving violation at your age as your insurance rates could Skyrocket