Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I have 4 points 2 for accidents one of those accidents was…

Customer Question
I have 4 points...

I have 4 points 2 for accidents one of those accidents was not my fault and speeding which once made no sence because i was on the far lane and the cop was on the slow lanes so he got the other cars speed not mine sense*

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

These were years back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Um thats it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/12/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question about this for us, especially if they were "years back"?

I did not fight sooner because i did not know I could. I was told by the previous insurgence that i had, i was needed to have an SR-22 and pay a high monthly payment due to these issues, i agreed and paid, not that the 3 years are finalized I still have continue to pay. I want to remove some of these points (only the fair ones) so i no longer have to continue paying so much.

Thank you for your reply.

I am afraid that "I did not know I could" is not going to give you the right now to even try to do anything. I am sorry to say that there is no process in CA to remove these from your driving records and a court cannot do so. Under CA law, one point is removed for every 39 months without you getting an other tickets and that is the only way points are removed, there is no other legal process to do what you are seeking to do. I am very sorry about that, as I can only tell you what the law would allow.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney