Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I HAVE A SUSPENTION IN A ANOTHER STATE TWO MISSED COURT

Customer Question
HI i HAVE A...

HI i HAVE A SUSPENTION IN A ANOTHER STATE TWO MISSED COURT DATES AND A WARRENT i NEED TO KNOW IS THERE A WAY i CAN TAKE CARE OF IT FROM ANOTHER STATE.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And do you have a reliable court contact?

INDIANA AND I AM IN FLORIDA. I DO NOT.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

YES

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I DO NOT KNOW

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/10/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Unfortunately, while you would like to take care of it from another state, legally once the warrant was issued and you failed to appear, the only two ways to take care of it is first hire a lawyer in Indiana and they would go to court to seek to pay any fines or resolve the issue and get the warrant recalled. If the warrant is for a charge that requires a mandatory appearance, then you have no choice but to show up in court or face being arrested and detained in Florida for extradition back to Indiana if Indiana is willing to pay to bring you back to the state that is.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.