Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I moved from WA to TX a few years ago. Within 2 months of…

Customer Question
Hello,I moved from WA to...
Hello,I moved from WA to TX a few years ago. Within 2 months of moving to texas I was diagnosed with cancer and this was followed my two years of on and off treatment. Due to this I did not register my vehicle in texas. Even though I was two years late, when I went to the county tax office, they let me renew my registration without asking me any questions. I want to make sure this is does not become an issue later on. Since I was also not in Washington at the time, my WA registration also expired. Could this become an issue for me at any time later on?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/7/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley
As long as you went to Texas and registered the car there and it was accepted, you should have no problem even though there was a lapse. The only issue that would have came out would have been if Texas would not have accepted the registration since there was a lapse but at this point, as long as they have accepted your registration and the car is now Texas legal, I do not see where you would have any kind of problems.