Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Solid yellow line and parallel dotted yellow line in middle…

Customer Question
Solid yellow line and...

Solid yellow line and parallel dotted yellow line in middle of two way street...they culminate in a marked left hand turn lane which has a white line marked by an opening. When may I enter the turn lane?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Az and no

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Only if I think I am not totally at fault. I believe the other person entered early, whereas I waited for the 'real' entrance to the left turn lane.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I hold some responsibility but don't believe 100%

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
12/4/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened. What were you cited for? Failure to yield? Incorrect turn?

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!