Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My son was in a rear end accident a few weeks ago and

Customer Question
Second opinion] my son...

Second opinion] my son was in a rear end accident a few weeks ago and received a ticket for the accident. The officer checked the box endangering life and property and he has to appear in court. We are wondering what our best option is. it was the first snow fall and he couldn't stop. It is not his first rear end accident so I wasn't sure if that is why the officer issued that ticket to him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

He does need to appear in court. His court date is set for 12/20

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, not that I'm aware of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
11/29/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

He should call the court and ask for the name of the prosecutor and how to contact him.See if the prosecutor here can offer defensive driving or other lesser pleas to protect his record.If you cannot afford a lawyer it never hurts to talk to the prosecutor.

If he decides to take this to trial ask for a jury trial.You may have better chances to find a friendly juror rather than the judge.

These are a couple of options here to seek a better outcome.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Prayers here to your son.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.