Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My appeal is due in Santa Fe tomorrow- I intended to

Hi Paul, My appeal is due...
Hi Paul,
My appeal is due in
Santa Fe tomorrow-
I intended to overnight it with a guarantee of arriving at 10:30AM
The idea was that if it did not arrive by 10:30 I would start driving to Santa Fe.
But they are closing at noon.
Would that give my another day to get it filed?
Thanks, Kerry
11/21/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, it does not get you another day to get it filed, it has to be filed by close of business. If it were due on Thursday when the court was closed, you could file it on the next day the court was open.

However, as they are open until Noon on Wednesday, you need to get it filed before they close.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.