Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My car was illegally towed from my parking lot for being…

Customer Question
My car was illegally...

My car was illegally towed from my parking lot for being abandoned. The HOA has contacted the tow company and they are going to release my vehicle with no fee but say if it is inoperable that they will then fine me. i went to pick up my vehicle yesterday and they would not release it to me to drive out of their lot and said i had to give them my keys. I dont want these people driving my vehicle. I have never heard of tow companies refusing to release unless they drive the vehicle. I think they just want to say it wont start so they can charge me fees.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Colorado 1971 jeep cj5

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As far as the tow? or me in retaliation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
They did not notify the police department that they towed my jeep for being "abandoned". Police Department has nothing on record.
A little more info on the events.On 10/08 the tow company tagged my jeep with a 24 notice to tow if not moved due to it being considered abandoned.I moved my jeep that evening.The HOA had approved that tow if vehicle wasnt moved. Over a month later with Jeep having moved a few times since they towed it without notification or HOA approval. Not sure if any of that is important.Also the bylaws and rules of my HOA is the vehicle need to move every 3 weeks.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Traffic Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions about this situation? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Ely, Attorney