Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

When getting a ticket involing a a school bus don't they…

Customer Question
When getting a ticket...

When getting a ticket involing a a school bus don't they have to prove it was my car by having a photo . and not just by what the driver says . cause i had prove i was at work. it was not my car

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I went in front of a magist. they still said i did it but i didn't

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
11/17/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

No, they are not required to have a photo to prove a ticket involving a school bus.

You can however contest the ticket, and then show up to court, and present the evidence you have to show that you were physically at work at the time the alleged incident occurred -- whether that's a time sheet, sign-in log, etc.

If you can show that you were not physically driving your car at the time, they cannot enforce the ticket against you.

It is definitely worth contesting if you have some evidence to demonstrate you weren't the driver.

PA takes school bus infractions seriously so there are some pretty stiff penalties you could face, including:

• $250.00 fine
  • 60-day license suspension period
  • 5 points added to your driver’s license

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Well i did that . I had a copy of my time card showing i was not driving at that time. But this magersate didn't care. Still inforcing it on me. For me to now have to go down to pittsburgh to the country courthouse. And file appeal. You have to pay a fee. I have no money for that or a lawyer to help me
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately the decision is at the discretion of the judge, but yes, your recourse would be to appeal his decision.

PA specifically has a strict stance when it comes to school bus violations.

You could look into hiring an attorney to represent you pro bono (free of charge). If you call the clerk of court at your local courthouse, they should have a list of private defense attorneys who have voluntarily submitted their names to the court to offer their services pro bono to assist individuals in a situations like yours.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you still have any questions, thanks!

​Please take a moment to leave a positive rating for me, 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!