Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I received a VC 25620, ca no i have not, yes, I'm wondering…

Customer Question
Hi! I received a...

Hi! I received a VC 25620

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Ca no i have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm wondering how many points this will reflect on my record

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 8 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This is an open container matter. It is not a moving violation. A conviction for VC 25620 does not carry any points with it. If you are under 21, however, a conviction for this charge would result in a 1 year loss of your license.

It will still reflect on my insurance im guessing. I dont have the recycling defense. Any point in going before the judge and pleading not guilty?

If you're under 21 and your license was suspended that would be on your driving record and potentially affect your insurance. If you're over 21, this is not a moving violation, has no points and would have no effect on your insurance.

If you are under 21, the only chance you have of avoiding a suspension of your license for a year and the rise of your insurance rates, would be to plead not guilty and fight the case. Engage a traffic lawyer, as they can sometimes work miracles.

If you are 21 or over, this is just an infraction. If you don't want to fight this, it shouldn't have many adverse repercussions since it's not a crime. But there would still be a public record of your conviction, so if you can get it dismissed by fighting the case with a lawyer, that's the better outcome.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

How does a public record of the conviction affect me besides a probably minuscule uptick in insurance if there are no points added to my record?
Traffic Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney replied 7 months ago

If you're under 21, it's a misdemeanor conviction. So you'll have a criminal record. If not, you'll have a blot on your record that will be discoverable. Criminal records can embarrass you personally and professionally, in general, as you may have to account for it in background checks for licensing and employment.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.