Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

My wife died last month. What form do I need to complete for…

Customer Question
My wife died last...

My wife died last month. What form do I need to complete for the dmv

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have death certificate

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
11/15/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website! I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

I'm so sorry for your loss.

You'll need to submit the following to the DMV:

• Your wife's DL/ID card, expired or unexpired.
  • An original or certified copy of her death certificate.
  • A statement that include her name and DL/ID card number, your name, and your signature and phone number.

You would then mail that all in to:

DMV-Issuance Unit

PO Box 942890, MS G204

Sacramento, CA###-##-####/p>

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Please let me know if you still need any more information -- perhaps about turning in a handicapped placard, or transferring title to a vehicle.

If not, please kindly remember to click Finish, and leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars or smiley faces at the top of the page. Five stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Traffic Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!