Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

How do i approach trying to get the ticket pleaded down so…

Customer Question
How do i approach...

How do i approach trying to get the ticket pleaded down so there are no point. im in pa . ticketed for going 45 in a 25zone and was clocked

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

If i plead not guilty , yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I told officer i had no idea why i was pulled over

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 day by:
11/10/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Call the court clerk here, court should be on back of ticket and ask who the prosecutor is and get number.Try to contact the prosecutor see if you can get an offer to a plea for something that avoids points.It never hurts to ask here and see what you can get as a plea deal.

You want to do this prior to court so you can decide if you want to fight it. You can always take it to trial if you cannot get a good enough offer.But I have found you are often able to plead this out for something with no points.

Call as soon as you can here to see if you can talk to prosecutor ahead of arraignment.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.
Thanks again and the best.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.

All good

Thanks stars are at top of page thanks for five stars