Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was charged with "failure to control vehicle speed on

Customer Question
I was charged with...

I was charged with "failure to control vehicle speed on highway to avoid collision." Actually, I was at a stop sign and tried to turn left, causing an accident (still a crime, I know!). Was I charged with the wrong offense?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

In Maryland. No, I haven't consulted an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No, I can send in the fine, but the state trooper said it's 5 points. Everything on the internet, though, says it's 3 points. (?)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Is there a charge?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Traffic Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How much is the total charge?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
10/28/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I want my money back. I do not want to do this.

No problem I was preparing an answer for you that was almost done. I wish you the best. Contact customer service and they will refund your money. Good luck to you.