Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I was charged with "failure to control vehicle speed on

Customer Question
I was charged with "failure...
I was charged with "failure to control vehicle speed on highway to avoid collision." Actually, I was at a stop sign and tried to turn left, causing an accident (still a crime, I know!). Was I charged with the wrong offense?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: In Maryland. No, I haven't consulted an attorney.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No, I can send in the fine, but the state trooper said it's 5 points. Everything on the internet, though, says it's 3 points. (?)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Is there a charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Traffic Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much is the total charge?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Traffic Law
10/28/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want my money back. I do not want to do this.

No problem I was preparing an answer for you that was almost done. I wish you the best. Contact customer service and they will refund your money. Good luck to you.

Ely, Attorney