Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Are the following offenses expungable? VC 23153 () Is this…

Are the following offenses expungable? VC...
Are the following offenses expungable?
VC 23153 (b) Is this expungable or do I need to reduce to a misdemeanor?
PC 1192.7 (C) (8) expungable?
PC 12022.7 (A) expungable?
Did not go to prison, was put on house arrest, all fines have been paid, and all requirements imposed by court have been met. This happened back in 2008. I think they qualify under they 1203.4 but would like to clarify for all three above. Thanks.
10/16/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, CA has no law allowing for expungements of criminal offenses. Any DUI or traffic offense could not be expunged anyhow, even if they had expungements for other felony or misdemeanor offenses. In order to try to remove these from your record, the only process in CA is to file a motion to vacate or set aside the conviction and thus remove it from your record in that process. There is no similar process for any vehicle codes, only for the criminal charges and you can only seek to have them set aside or if that fails you would need to file a petition for a pardon through the governor's office and if a pardon is granted it can be removed.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Got it. Thanks.

Thank you.

Ok. So to clarify; the following charges are eligible to file a motion to vacate or set aside;
PC 1192.7(c) (8)
PC 12022.7 (A)
Thanks.

You can file a motion to set aside the charges, it is not something that is granted automatically and the courts usually only grant them for good cause, but they can do so.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney