Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Can you find out a phone number of a person (owner or

Customer Question
someone on the insurance) associated...
Can you find out a phone number of a person (owner or someone on the insurance) associated with this license plate?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
10/5/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

It's possible to request motor vehicle records from the Department of Revenue, as long as you have a lawful purpose for doing so. That usually means that you're suing the person. There is a list of permissive uses on the back of the form:

https://revenue.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/mvdppa1.pdf

The driver's license records will give you the name and address of the owner. You can use that information to search for a telephone number or to contact them directly.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?