Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got a 28-702.02A3 when i am going a speed of 104 the speed…

Customer Question
Hello i got a...

Hello i got a 28-702.02A3 when i am going a speed of 104 the speed limit is 65 its on a highway

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Have a cousin in my car with me and she was suffering from severe nausea and migrane. So i was trying to find a pharmacy and i didnt look at the speed. I have the letter from my sister stating the same and have it notarized. what can be done in order to reduce this ticket from criminal to civil? and how much would be charged to take up this case? my court date is 10/25/2017 at Yarnell,Az and i live in Tempe,AZ.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yea they gave me a court date of 10/25

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are the charges?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Traffic Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Because the case is criminal and not civil, you are entitled to an attorney and if you cannot afford one then they must appoint one to you. That is the first step, your 10/25 appearance is your first appearance where you plead not guilty and have a lawyer appointed if you prove you cannot afford one. You would need your cousin to actually appear in court and testify at trial if it comes to that, as the affidavit is considered hearsay, but your attorney can take the affidavit and enter into negotiation with the prosecutor to reduce the speed down to a civil violation. Also, if you hire an attorney, it will reduce the trips to Yarnell for any court appearances. Furthermore, a local attorney in Yarnell has professional relationships with the prosecutors so that gives your claims more credibility and a better chance of obtaining a better deal with the prosecutor, making it more likely the prosecutor will agree to reduce the speed to make it a civil violation.

You have what is called a "mitigating factor" but it is not a defense, it is just an excuse that you want the prosecutor and court to accept to have leniency on you and that is best done having a local attorney pursuing your cause with the prosecutor.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

my cousin came from india and she is leaving on oct 11th.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, if this comes down to going to trial, she would need to come back for that if you cannot make a deal before trial. As I said, before a trial, an affidavit is suitable. However, under the law, at trial the affidavit is hearsay if you do not have her present to testify.

i can hire an attorney. do you have any recommendations?
is the trail date 10/25?

Thank you for your reply.

Legally we are forbidden from making personal referrals to any individual in particular, the best we are allowed to do is suggest to you that you use the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org (copy and paste link to your browser, do not click it) and you can search attorneys in the area who handle traffic cases.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney