Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I just got my first ever traffic ticket for passing a

Customer Question
stopped school bus. is...
I just got my first ever traffic ticket for passing a stopped school bus. is it possible id go to jail?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/30/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 7 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

There are few moving violations and traffic violations that impose jail time. Some examples would be driving under the influence or reckless driving (driving speeds of 100 mph or higher). This type of violation does not involve the possibility of jail time, especially for a first offense.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Thank you. I have my court date at the end of October. Do I need a lawyer? I plan on pleading guilty
Traffic Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 7 months ago

It is really up to you whether you have an attorney present. Although it is not likely that there will be any issues, you can never really know. You may want to meet with a local attorney (many offer a free initial consultation) to ensure that there are no hidden issues that you may not be aware of. The attorney can let you know if they believe that you need an attorney present at the hearing, after reviewing all of the relevant information. Local attorneys will also be familiar with any special or unique rules of your area and can advise on those as well.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi