Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Do you know California dmv law. My son purchased a car from…

Customer Question
Do you know California...

Do you know California dmv law

Lawyer's Assistant: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

My son purchased a car from an individual and only got a copy of the pink slip, not the original. DMV said they would not accept the copy. Does this mean I can't register my car at all and I wont be able to ever drive it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I don't know. I just want to register my car and was hoping there was some loophole where I could us the copy

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/29/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

Response: Regrettably, yes. Your son needs to find the seller to obtain the original copy of the pink slip. If the seller refuses to cooperate, then your son would have to file lawsuit against the seller to recover the purchase money for the car. The lawsuit would be filed at the Superior Court in the County where the seller resides or where your son resides. He can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.