Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Tehre there. Looking for legal defenses for a parking ticket…

Customer Question
Hi tehre there Lawyer's...

Hi tehre there

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Looking for legal defenses for a parking ticket washington city of seattle no

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Ordinance number violated 11.72.330 temporary no parking

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/27/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The only defense available to a temporary no parking violation would be if no signs were posted in the area notifying the defendant that they could not park in that area. If no signs were posted prior to the defendant parking in that space, then that would be a defense to the violation.

If the area was posted with signs, there are no other available legal defenses, only arguments about mitigating circumstances (excuses why they should not be fined) and those types of excuses are up to the judge to decide if someone should be given a break based on the nature of the excuse. Some excuses such as some type of proven medical emergency or physical handicap are valid excuses that will cause most judges to dismiss the tickets, but most excuses the courts have heard a thousand times and they will not dismiss the citations.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney