Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Will I receive points on my NC license if I pay a red light…

Customer Question
Will I receive points...

Will I receive points on my NC license if I pay a red light camera ticket from IL?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My drivers license is from NC, the ticket was issued in IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No, it can be paid by mail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My driving record is 100% clean

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/26/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Accept

Thank you very much for your patience. The answer to your question is no. Under both Illinois in North Carolina law, if you get a red light ticket, because you are not ticketed by a police officer, then you may have to pay a fine, but you won't have any points added to your license. Also, the violation won't go on your driving record. I know that is a simple answer to your question, but let me know if you have any other questions. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Thank you

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.