Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I just moved from wisconsin and had gotten a dui there. So…

Customer Question
Hello i just moved...

Hello i just moved from wisconsin and had gotten a dui there. So my license was suspended for the next year. I know ha e moved to south Carolina for school and am woundering if there was any way i could get a south carolina license to drive?

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes this was this summer already done with court and everything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/26/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Unfortunately the answer is no... SC is part of the Drivers License Compact as is WI so they report any offenses like this to each other. If your license is suspended in one state, then it is suspended in all states and you would be denied once they checked your driving record..

.

Long ago, you could do it because all the states weren't interconnected..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much