Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Do points received for traffic violation in New York state…

Customer Question
Do points received for...

Do points received for traffic violation in New York state transfer to Maryland?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Do Traffic violation points received in New York state transfer to Maryland traffic record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Ticket was paid and points given by local court in new york

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/25/2017
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 10 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. The points may not transfer unless the violation is serious. As Maryland and New York are both signatories of the Driver’s License Compact, they freely share driver information with one another. That means a conviction for a New York traffic ticket will end up on your Maryland driving record. What this means, is that even though you may not get the points, you will still face fines, surcharges, assessments, and insurance hikes even though you received the ticket out of state.

ticket has been paid, responsibility assessment of $300 still to be paid? violation was for 21 miles over posted speed 6 points. clear driving record up to that violation
,

And what is your follow up in relation to that?