Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was an Uber driver back in 2015, and I got into a big

Customer Question
Hi,I was an Uber driver...
Hi,I was an Uber driver back in 2015, and I got into a big accident on my way to pick up an uber customer on october 2015 where a guy ran a red light and I ended up T boning him. Since I didn't come off strong enough on my initial answer and since the sunrise was on my side the police subtly made me the at-fault person on the police report. For a week I took photos with the sunrise and traffic light proving that it the green light would of been exceptionally clear on my side and the sun had no affect at that time. Consequently the police filed a supplement to the police report concluding the party at fault was undetermined. Uber settled the matter for me, covering my totaled car, and not paying the opposing party since to me and them it was still their fault. Almost 2 years after the opposing party drops a copy of jury summons( which I am attaching the first two pages of) suing Uber, raiser ca, and me with a 30 day period for me to write defending my case. How should I respond, what actions should I take? I will also append the police supplement here.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/25/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact Uber about the Summons. Uber's Attorney supposed to defend you in the case since the accident happened while you were working for Uber.

Best wishes,