Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I received a ticket for speeding doing 90 on a 65 speed

Customer Question
Hello. I received a ticket...
Hello. I received a ticket for speeding doing 90 on a 65 speed limit. This occurred on I-95 in Connecticut. The Officer told me that he was giving me a break and reduced the violation that does not involve points. On the ticket it shows 14-298 - violation of all regulations under 14-298. I have a cdl and drive trucks for a living. I am concerned about this ticket and how it will impact my record. Is there a way I can get a attorney to make sure this doesn't get on my driving record? thanks
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes, but I have a deadline till I give a response. 10/20/2017. They will mail me the court date then
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/25/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get an Attorney to make this ticket disappear from your driving record if you are not contesting the ticket. If you are contesting the ticket, that is, if you are contesting that you were speeding that would be a different matter. Where the ticket is not in doubt, I do not see how any Attorney can make the ticket not be part of your driving record. In any event, you can use the following sites to find Attorneys who handle traffic tickets:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law