Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I would like to move my ticket to State Court but I am

Customer Question
Hello, I would like...

Hello, I would like to move my ticket to State Court but I am unsure as to what process I need to follow to do that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Chatham County, Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I haven't had a speeding ticket in the last five years.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/25/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

What do you mean by wanting to move your ticket to a State Court?

Is your case now pending in a federal Court?

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi Phillip, it's currently in Recorders court. I would like to escalate it to State Court.

Thank you for the information.

You need file Motion for Removal and ask that the case be removed to the State Court. You need to give your reasons for filing for the removal. You can obtain blank Motion form at the Courthouse (Recorders Court) in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,