Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I got 4 tickets yesterday at same time in NJ. NJ. Nothing…

Customer Question
I got 4 tickets...

I got 4 tickets yesterday at same time in NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
I got 4 tickets
1. Speeding in excess of speed limit by25-29
2.Reckless driving
3.Traffic on marked lanes-nearest right lane
4. Obstruction of windshield for vision
9/25/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

My question is
1. how much fine (average)
2. how many points?
3.plea gulity or not

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, because I cannot answer ALL your questions, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,

Traffic Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

You should consider a local lawyer to try and get at least a couple of these dismissed.

The New Jersey Speeding Law, N.J.S. 39:4-98, provides that a motorist may lawfully operate his or her motor vehicle at the following speeds unless an alternative speed limit has been approved by the appropriate State, County and/or Municipal authority:

a. Twenty-five miles per hour, when passing through a school zone during recess, when the presence of children is clearly visible from the roadway, or while children are going to or leaving school, during opening or closing hours;

b. (1) Twenty-five miles per hour in any business or residential district; or
(2) Thirty-five miles per hour in any suburban business or residential district;

c. Fifty miles per hour in all other locations, except as otherwise provided in the "Sixty-Five MPH Speed Limit Implementation Act, N.J.S. 39:4-98.3.

Fines for traffic violations in New Jersey. Speeding — exceeding limit by 20-24 miles per hour pursuant to N.J.S.A. 29:4-98.7, all fines have been doubled for any defendant charged with speeding 20 MPH or more over the speed limit.

Traffic Offenses Fines & Points - Law Offices of James A. Abate, LLC

Reckless driving

A person who is guilty of first-time reckless driving can be imprisoned up to 60 days in county or municipal jail and/or fined between $50 and $200. A second or subsequent conviction of the same offense will result in imprisonment up to three months and/or a fine of $100 to $500.

Reckless Driving - New Jersey Traffic Ticket & DWI Lawyer

Unsafe Lane Change; N.J.S.A. 39:4-88 mandates that when a roadway is divided into clearly marked lanes, a vehicle must be driven within a single lane.

In addition, a vehicle shall normally be driven in the lane closest to the right hand edge of the roadway, except when overtaking another vehicle or when preparing for a left turn.

However, "preparing for a left turn" does not allow indefinite travel in the left lane.

In short, the right lane is designated for slow moving vehicles while the left lane is designated for faster moving vehicles.

Conviction of this offense carries a fine up to $200 although the fine may be doubled in a construction zone, safe corridor or 65 MPH zone.

Defendant may be incarcerated up to 15 days although courts never exercise such extreme discretion for this offense.

Although courts are not required to suspend a license following a conviction for making an unsafe lane change, courts may exercise such discretion upon finding that the violation was willful.

The suspension period is left to the discretion of the court.

Again, courts never exercise such extreme discretion following such a charge.

In addition, two motor vehicle and two insurance points attach to a conviction of this offense.

A good alternative plea is pleading guilty to obstructing traffic N.J.S.A 39:4-67.

If the prosecutor does not grant that request then unsafe driving N.J.S.A 39:4-97.2 should be considered, although it should be noted that unsafe driving carries an approximate fine of $400.

Additionally, four points are assessed on one's driving record for a third unsafe driving conviction within five years of a second unsafe driving conviction.

New Jersey - 39:3-74 Obstruction of Windshield for Vision

Every motor vehicle having a windshield shall be equipped with at least one device in good working order for cleaning rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield so as to provide clear vision for the driver, and all such devices shall be so constructed and installed as to be operated or controlled by the driver.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sign, poster, sticker or other non-transparent material upon the front windshield, wings, deflectors, side shields, corner lights adjoining windshield or front side windows of such vehicle other than a certificate or other article required to be so displayed by statute or by regulations of the commissioner.

No person shall drive any vehicle so constructed, equipped or loaded as to unduly interfere with the driver's vision to the front and to the sides.

This is a fine but no points ticket, this is the one you would want to plead too and get some of the others drooped with points.

A good lawyer can maybe cut these four tickets into two I hope.

I appreciate the chance to help you , sorry the other expert left.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Traffic ticket lawyer for you by city here

https://www.motorists.org/attorneys/new-jersey-traffic-attorneys/

Thanks again sorry you had a bad day yesterday..Ray

Ray, Lawyer