Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I had a speeding ticket yesterday and I got pulled with

Customer Question
I had a speeding...

I had a speeding ticket yesterday and I got pulled with another car infront of me. I know I was not speeding at 91. But somehow I got pulled over and got a ticket

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NH

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I have not sent my ticket back yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I got one more ticket same day I was overtaking the car on the right lane and I was in 80 when I over took and apparently it was a cops car

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 7 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Are you looking to contest this?

It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent you. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

How much will the fee be ? to hire an attorney

Prices vary for traffic ticket defense attorneys but it could be around $150-$200.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Attorney