CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I was looking up my ex's driving records because I knew he

Hi I was looking up my ex's driving records because I knew he had a speeding ticket due to going 85 in a 70 mile zone.
The online services of the BMV says the offense date is 1/22/17 but then there is also a conviction date of 4/11/17. What is the conviction date? What does it mean he was convicted of?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. The offense date is when the ticket was issued. That was when he was pulled over and issued the citation for speeding. The conviction date is when the case was resolved and closed out If it was three months later, he likely contested this and it was on 4/11/17 when it was decided and he was found guilty of the violation and convicted.