Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I was in New York a few days ago and received a speeding…

Customer Question
Hello, I was in New...
Hello, I was in New York a few days ago and received a speeding ticket, was doing 50 in a 25mph tunnel, I'm a Florida resident and that was my first time in NYC after approximately 4yrs, however, first time driving a car. I did not know the speeding limit in NY was 25mph if non posted. It was almost midnight, I was going back to the hotel, my wife and my two daughters were in the car with me, and I got pulled over by a police officer as soon as I got out of the tunnel, and he showed my speed in the radar. I got a ticket for $203. My question is, do I just plead guilty and pay the ticket or do I have any chance to plead not guilty? I just wouldn't like to have my good driving history damaged by this only traffic violation in 4yrs. (I never got a ticket in FL either), please advise, thank you. Jezz
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can consider defensive driving here.It will help reduce the fall out from the ticket.

Reference

http://newyorkspeedingfines.com/effect-defensive-driving-ny-speeding-ticket/

Ray, Lawyer