Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

If driver is present, in vehicle at time of issuance of

Customer Question
If driver is present...

If driver is present, in vehicle at time of issuance of ticket, does that make section on ticket labeled "name and operator of vehicle" a required element?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY state and NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No, fighting ticket on line and wondering if omission of that info is a required element since driver was in driver seat when parking violation issued

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just looking for a quick answer to that question

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/19/2017
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 8 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, it would need to name the person who was charged with the violation. The ticket needs to be issued to someone, so their name has to be on the citation, along with their signature, if they received the ticket, to show they are on notice and need to answer to this. If the citation does not have the name of the driver/operator, there is no way to know who was charged with the violation and who needs to respond to it.

Ely, Attorney