Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I received a ticket this morning for careless driving. Now

Customer Question

I received a ticket this morning for careless driving. Now when the police stopped me I asked him why did he stop me and he said I was speeding and I said, there's no way I was speeding. (I always watch my speed and plus you was behind me). He said you passed that care back there and I said did you not see that car pull out in front of me and I passed the car properly. I know I was not speeding because the the car wasn't driving fast. I asked him did he see that car pull out in front of me. He didn't say anything.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Mississippi
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Np No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He said I was speeding but I got a ticket for reckless driving.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please be patient while I type your reply.

What is your question for us about this issue?