Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I live in Mecklenberg county North Carolina and got two

Customer Question
Hello, I live in...

Hello, I live in Mecklenberg county North Carolina and got two traffic violations tickets. Went to court on September 6, 2017 and was given a form showing I had 40 days to pay the fees and another court notice for 9/14/2017. Tried to pay fees online but could not. Went to court today, my name was never called. Questioned several people and was told no one knew what was going on and best to call sheriff to see if bench warrant out for me even though I was there and might have missed my name. What should I do now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

North Carolina. No one knows if warrant been issued yet. I checked with sheriffs department in North Carolina, they said wait three days to see. But no one knows anything about my court date

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

T was online that I did have a court date today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am very nervous that they might arrest me on my job. what should I do and if there is a lawyer around concord north that I can talk to.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/15/2017
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 9 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did you speak with the clerk of court, to confirm you were on the docket?

No I just spoke with the baliff

Thank you for the reply. You can try and look online, through the clerk of courts website, at this time, to see if anything is listed, under your name. If the website does not provide that information, you can call the clerk of court this morning and have them look it up and see if anything is listed on the docket and if the case was called and/or if a warrant was issued. If there was, a motion to vacate/lift it can be filed, advising the Judge that you were present and appeared and you did not hear the case called but want to answer to this and resolve it and that the case could be reset, so you can appear. Situations like these do happen and it is not a situation whereby they would appear at your job to arrest you and this is early enough, that it could be lifted.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!