Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Sure, california, i think i have the option to just pay the…

Customer Question
California Lawyer's Assistant: Do...

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I think i have the option to just pay the fine

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost associated with this? i just ran into this site while looking for an answer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
9/10/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. It seems that your question is not fully showing Can you please restate it?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

i received a infraction for unlawful use of a wireless phone. There is an amount for bail and an amount for attending traffic school. It's my understanding that a cellphone ticket doesnt count againt your record or affect your insurance other than having to pay the fine. Is this correct? Do i just need to pay the "bail" and not need to attend traffic school? Or do I need to attend traffic school as well so no points show on my DMV record?
Traffic Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

Thank you for the clarification.

A cellphone ticket is considered a moving violation and requires traffic school in order to avoid a point on your record.

If you do not believe that you can fight the ticket, you will need to pay the citation amount, plus the traffic ticket amount.

If you believe that you have a valid reason to fight the ticket, you would pay the bail amount and attend the arrangement, at which you would enter a plea of "not guilty".

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi