Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

In an addition, can cars legally park on the side of the

Customer Question

In an addition, can cars legally park on the side of the street in front of their house. I thought they had to park in the driveway.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Texas. Actually it is a truck and it is driveable has all tags and etc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. Reported but was told they were wrong. That it was legal to park on street.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just asking for my own information
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It is legal to park on the side of the street so long as the car is facing the correct way and there is no parking restrictions signs on the street such as "No Parking At Any Time."

Best wishes,