Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I received a speeding ticket from D.C. Out if state it was a…

Customer Question
I received a speeding...

I received a speeding ticket from D.C. Out if state it was a picture of my car. The picture only showed my car from a distance, I saw no markings? Shouldn't there be some markings necessary to determine speed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington DC

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I can plead not guilty and state a reason with requests prior to a hearing from my understanding

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It amsta

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
It states to deny the ticket by mail: submit a written statement describing your defense including supporting documents, photos, receipts on
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Sierra900, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Sierra900
Sierra900, Attorney

I will try and help. I do not understand what you mean "marking". At the top of the frame is the alleged speed of 68 MPH. If you can explain a little more, I will try and help.

DCG

By markings I mean there are usually lines/markings somewhere where they judge distance/speed. It's kind of ironic two years ago I got a ticket same area, I guess getting out of state licenses many are just paying. They don't attach points.

Its not lines, but probably radar built into the system. When the radar detects a speeding vehicle, the camera goes off and the data is printed on the top of the picture. BUT, they have to prove it was YOU speeding. Don't see how they are gonna do that without an admission by you or a photo of your face.

DCG

Sierra900
Sierra900
Sierra900, Attorney