Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

Red Light ticket in Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills, CA, I

Customer Question

Red Light ticket in Beverly Hills
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Beverly Hills, CA
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I haven't paid the fine and I have a court date (arraignment only). There are a lot of different opinions I hve read, but I am now told they are putting a hold on my DL because I failed to appear
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure, was suprised this chat box popped up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

You said that you were surprised to see the chat box. You've been taken to a private question and answer service where you can pay a lawyer to discuss traffic tickets and other legal topics. Is that what you meant to do?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It wasn't my intention, no. But since I was there, I thought I would ask. I did a search for "red Light tickets in Beverly Hills"

Ok. I just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally find yourself on a site where you'd be charged without realizing it.

The only place where a person can safely ignore a red light ticket is within the city limits of Los Angeles. It's confusing, because many tickets are issued by LA County, but that covers multiple cities.

In order to get your license reinstated, you'll have to pay the ticket. The court usually will not allow a person to dispute a ticket after the deadline has passed, unless you have a very good legal reason for missing it. Very good legal reasons are largely limited to: ***** ***** in the hospital, you were deployed with the military, or you were incarcerated.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?