Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I stopped at a red light but i was photographed anyway in…

Hello. I stopped at...

Hello. I stopped at a red light but i was photographed anyway in chatsworth. Will i get a redlight ticket?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Chatsworth ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I mean i didnt turn on a redlight

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i havent gotten ab

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/3/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
As you stopped you should not. The photo should serve as evidence in your favor if an error is made. If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
That didnt answer my question. What im saying is that i stopped at a redlight as the redlight camera flashed. Will i get a ticket?

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as you asked for a new contributor.

If you stopped at the light, even though the camera flashed, that does not mean you ran the red light. When the camera flashes it takes a series of photographs or video and they are reviewed by an office staff. If the photos show you remained stopped at the light and did not go through the light, then no ticket notice will be sent to you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you. Thats all i wanted to know. Ok are all cities like that? Or does it varie?

Thank you for your reply.

All cities are like that. They do not send out citations without proof that the vehicle actually ran through the red light.

Ok. Got it. Those damn things are so stupid. Thanks for your time

Yes, they are. Good news is that in LA County, they do not even pursue those tickets as long as you do not reply to the city harassment letters ever and after 1 year they proscribe under the statute of limitations for not personally serving you with them. So, LA Superior Court which is where the tickets go if you are in LA County, does nothing with those tickets unless you actually get a regular ticket within 1 year and have to appear in court. Otherwise, if you never reply to their harassing letters they will not pursue the tickets even if you had run the light.

Thank you

Thank you. PLEASE do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.