Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I have a red light ticket, however I feel I was within the

Customer Question
law of right turn on...
I have a red light ticket, however I feel I was within the law of right turn on red . I stopped my car then pull up slowly so I could see traffic nothing was approachingand I seen no pedestrians s so I make the turn. So how can I fight this ticket ed up sol
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Can contest it or I can appear in court or just pay the fine
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
8/14/2017
Traffic Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While you can likely just pay the fine and move on, if you believe that you did make a complete stop, and the intersection was not posted with a no right turn on red, then you will want to go to the first court date and plead not guilty and then go to the traffic trial and urge the judge that you did make a complete stop, behind the limit line, and then you crept forward slowly to ensure that it was safe to make the turn and when you saw it was safe to turn, you did do.

It is possible that the officer never saw you make the stop, but only saw you as you crept into the turn and they simply presumed that you had not already come to a complete stop. This may well provide you with a winning defense. And if the officer does not show up at the trial, your matter will be dismissed outright without the need to put on a defense.

You may reply to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney