Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Yesterday I got a speeding ticket at CT for speed 84 My

Yesterday I got a...

Yesterday I got a speeding ticket at CT for speed 84 My Drivers license is from MA

Lawyer's Assistant: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?

No, Fine 299USD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Posted Speed Limit 65 and Actual Speed 84 I am driving with Family When Office Pulled and He asked me, You are over speeding I said, I didnt notice and I am following traffic

8/11/2017
Hammer O'Justice

Hello.

So I can best help you, what is your question?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?

No, Fine 299USD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Posted Speed Limit 65and Actual Speed 84 I am driving with Family When Office Pulled and He asked me, You are over speeding I said, I didnt notice and I am following traffic, He issued me ticket for 299, this is my first ticket. Do I get points

Massachusetts does not typically issue points for out of state violations but the ticket does go on your record. Your insurance company may or may not use that against you, depending on the company's policies. If you can get to court on the ticket, even though it is out of state, since it is your first offense, you may be able to get the speed over and the fine reduced.
Hammer O'Justice