Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I'm in the state of North Carolina. Does a pedestrian have…

Customer Question
I'm in the state...

I'm in the state of North Carolina. Does a pedestrian have the right of way at an intersection where there is no crosswalk or crossing signal? I was given a citation for failure to yield.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I struck the pedestrian. EMS took him to the Hospital. I do have pictures of him walking normally with no limp and unassisted. No outward signs of injury.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
8/6/2017
Traffic Lawyer: CriminalDefense, Attorney replied 6 months ago
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Good morning. Yes they do and the statute states that the driver of the vehicle would need to yield. I have provided a link to it below and you can see in 2(b) that it is required.http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_20/GS_20-158.html

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney