Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

Wife and I bought used vehicle back in January (Virginia)

Customer Question

Wife and I bought used vehicle back in January (Virginia) and have had it parked for the past 6 months because we drive another vehicle. We each thought the other had added it to our liability insurance, but no one did. Just discovered this. We'll get the insurance tomorrow. How do we handle this without losing our drivers' licenses or vehicle tags from the state?
JA: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?
Customer: No. As far as know, We are the only ones who are aware of the situation. We think it will be better for us to get the insurance as quickly as possible...hard to tell if the state DMV will be aware that we forgot to get insurance in the first place.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. We need advice on what to do so we don't lose our licenses or tags on other vehicles. My wife tells me to just pick up the insurance and go on from there.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.At this point get the insurance asap. It has not been driven so should not be an issue.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up