Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I'm trying to figure out if it's illegal to make a turn on a

Customer Question

Hi. I'm trying to figure out if it's illegal to make a turn on a red left-arrow light, even if the forward traffic was green.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Culver City, Los Angeles, CA. No.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes, it is illegal to make au turn on a red left arrow light. Section 21453 of the California vehicle code prohibits turning left on a red light or a red arrow light. To verify what I'm saying, click here to see the California code on the matter.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?