Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Although I had a stop sign, I was already in the

Customer Question
intersection. I had stopped at...
Although I had a stop sign, I was already in the intersection. I had stopped at the stop sign; looked in both directions and only proceeded when I felt it was safe--no one was coming! After I entered the intersection, a car (speeding) came over a slight hill and hit me. Since I was already in the intersection and did follow the law, I do not feel I failed to yield. The auto driver who hit me failed to yield!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
8/3/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

I was in the intersection when I was hit by another driver. I had stopped at the stop sign and looked both ways before and saw no one before entering the intersection. However, I was charged with failure to yield. I do not feel I failed to yield. The other driver, I believe failed to yield. What was I suppose to do. No one was there when I looked.

Thank you for the information. However, I still do not know what your question is. What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

The question is: DID THE OTHER DRIVER FAIL TO YEILD? or DID I FAILURE TO YIELD, EVENTHOUGH, I STOPPED AT THE STOP SIGN AND LOOKED BEFORE I WENT OUT AND AT THAT TIME NO ONE WAS THERE.
In some states, once one stops and makes sure it is safe to travel, he is not guilty of failure to yield. Can their law be applied to another state that does not make it explicit that to stop alleviates the situation.
I do not wish to switch to the telephone. If I can't even began to get a straight answer in the present format, why would I want to switch?

The phone call offer was automatically made to you by the site. In any event, I do not participate in the program. Kindly disregard it.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review your information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,

Ely, Attorney