Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

I just got an illegal u turn ticket in Florida here on

Customer Question
Hi I just got...

Hi I just got an illegal u turn ticket in Florida here on vacation can I still do online traffic school?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I just got it today I'm here for vacation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
8/3/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have an out of state drivers license you may still be able to take Defensive Driving from a Florida accredited school and receive all the same benefits. You need to get court approval for the class and upon completion, the FL Court enters an adjudication withheld which is not reported to out of state or FL DMV. You need court permission though as an out of state driver. So you need to appear in court and get them to issue the permission and provide you the list of their accredited schools.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.