Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

I got a speeding ticket in VA and have a PA license. Will i…

Customer Question
I got a speeding...

I got a speeding ticket in VA and have a PA license. Will i get points issued to my PA license?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?

Yes. A court date is set but I do have the option to pre-pay since it is a simple speeding ticket.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not right now. thanks.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
7/31/2017
Traffic Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
PA is one of the few states that does not assess points for out of state citations (with minor exception). According to PennDOT, minor traffic offenses such as speeding, red light, stop sign, etc., will (NOT) appear on your driving record, unless you are a CDL holder. Points will not be assessed to your PA driving record when convicted of a point related offense in a Drivers License Compact member state.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney