CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I got ticket for turning on a Do not turn on red and was

Customer Question

Hello, I got ticket for turning on a Do not turn on red and was also given a ticket for driving w/o a license. The corner i turned on allows you to turn during certain times. I turned during the time it was allowed. But i was still given a ticket.
JA: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?
Customer: yes a citation was issued and the court date is about a month from now.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Does the time on the citation match the time on the sign, which allows you to turn?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the citation does match the time on the sign that allows me to turn.
Thank you for the reply. If you want to contest the turn citation you can and should consider taking a photo of the sign and the location so you can show the court it was done during a time when allowed and ask that it be dismissed. As far as the issue with the license , you can also ask that it be dismissed if you appear with a valid license but if not if the court would simply consider a fine and court costs since this was corrected.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!