How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 28385
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got ticket for turning on a Do not turn on red and was

Customer Question

Hello, I got ticket for turning on a Do not turn on red and was also given a ticket for driving w/o a license. The corner i turned on allows you to turn during certain times. I turned during the time it was allowed. But i was still given a ticket.
JA: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?
Customer: yes a citation was issued and the court date is about a month from now.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Does the time on the citation match the time on the sign, which allows you to turn?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the citation does match the time on the sign that allows me to turn.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. If you want to contest the turn citation you can and should consider taking a photo of the sign and the location so you can show the court it was done during a time when allowed and ask that it be dismissed. As far as the issue with the license , you can also ask that it be dismissed if you appear with a valid license but if not if the court would simply consider a fine and court costs since this was corrected.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!