Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I have a electric car and had received toll violations for

Customer Question

I have a electric car and had received toll violations for driving the express lanes. I registered my car HOV with sticker, but kept receiving toll notices. I called multiple times to the SunPass people and they told me I was good to go. My account would be corrected. Never was corrected. As my invoices crept higher I made additional calls to confirm that I my car was registered as HOV and nothing else was needed. When the invoices continued coming in I called again. This time I requested to speak with a supervisor as this wasn't being resolved and my invoices were reaching $1000.00. When I spoke to the supervisor, he told me that I needed to register my car to use the Express Lanes. I informed no one had told me about having to get another registration.
JA: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?
Customer: No, neither; but because I had this problem, before car registration was put on hold I registered my car for 2 years which is coming up in Feb. At this time my registration is on hold.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: FL
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma. What question can I answer for you re: the registration and invoice?

Thanks,

Michael