Traffic Law

Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.

Traffic Law

Can I sue the DMV? Kentucky Though, I'm currently not in…

Customer Question
Can I sue the...

Can I sue the DMV?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky Though, I'm currently not in Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I had to reinstate my license because I missed traffic school (for one speeding ticket) because I'm in another state and my record still has it that my license is suspended, which is jeopardizing my job and reputation at my job

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Traffic Law
I have reinstatement confirmation and my motor vehicle record
7/29/2017
Traffic Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawsuit is an option but I would first press them to adjust it including a lawyer sending a letter.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up

if I can clarify anything, of course ask me.

Ely, Attorney