How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CriminalDefense Your Own Question
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 28345
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
CriminalDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mecklensburg County VA, No not yet, Yes i need to apprear on

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Mecklensburg County VA
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i need to apprear on this tuesday 9.00 Am
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.
Good afternoon. Can you please share with me what your question is?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I got an summon from an officer in mecklenburg county on may 20. Its was an reckless driving 84mph at 70mph on i85. I need to attend the court on this tuesday july 25th 9.00 am. Can i prepay for it if yes how. I tried the number which was mentioned on the summon it never showed me an option to prepay. Secondly can i get attroney within one day for tuesday court appointment. If yes please provide some contacts of attroney. If not can i postpone this appointment. Please help.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. No, it can not likely be prepared and the nature of the charge does require a personal appearance. You can likely retain local counsel the day before and they can appear on your behalf. If you are having issues then you can appear on your own and ask the judge for a continuance and simply advise you need additional time to retain an attorney. The VA Bar does have an attorney referral service set up and you can contact them tomorrow morning and I have provided the link below
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How to reach the local counsel.
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.
If you click on the link below it will provide you with the number for the attorney referral service and they will put you in contact with a criminal defense attorney
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.